Monday, October 4, 2010

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

I think it is well beyond a miracle that I just said that.  Happy Monday is not something I say on a weekly, or even monthly basis.  And coming off of a night like I had, one wouldn't expect me to say that either.  Okay... but here's the deal!  I had ANOTHER great day and I just have to share! 
    

*drift into dream sequence*
     So I was sitting all alone and rather odd looking, the only boy in my choir class who doesn't find choir as a good form of "goof off" time or "make the teacher hate me as much as possible" class.  I was just acing another stupid sight singing song as my old choir teacher (whom I adore quite much) walked in and said "I need Jack Ellis".  I was exteremely nervous!  I recently tried for the Minnesota All State Boys Honor Choir Grade 7-8.  I was expecting it to be news about that, but the audition tapes were due only this Friday and that seemed like quite a short time for people to make up their mind on particaipants for the choir. 
     She takes me to one of the band's practice rooms and tells me that she has come to do a "mini-audition" for the high school's musical.  I have researched the musical, and contacted the director about a month ago, and didn't get much back, so I blocked it out of my mind completely.  She was going to have me sing the song "My Best Girl".  For most of you, you do not know about this musical, so here is a brief synopsis given to you by wikipedia.com.

The madcap life of eccentric Mame Dennis and her bohemian, intellectual arty clique is disrupted when her deceased brother's 10-year-old son Patrick is entrusted to her care. Rather than bow to convention, Mame introduces the boy to her free-wheeling lifestyle, instilling in him her favorite credo, "Life is a banquet, and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." Also figuring in the story line are Mame's personal secretary and nanny-in-law, Agnes Gooch; her "bosom buddy" Vera Charles, the baritone actress and world's greatest lush; and Dwight Babcock, the stuffy and officious executor of Patrick's father's estate. Mame loses her fortune in the Wall Street Crash of 1929 and tries her hand at a number of jobs, with comically disastrous results, but perseveres with good humor and an irrepressible sense of style.
Mame eventually meets and marries Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside, a Southern aristocrat with a Georgia plantation called Peckerwood. The trustees of Mame's late brother (Patrick's father) force Mame to send Patrick off to boarding school (the fictional St Boniface, in Massachusetts), and Mame and Beau travel the world on an endless honeymoon that finally ends when Beau falls to his death while mountain climbing. Mame returns home a wealthy widow to discover that Patrick has become a priggish snob engaged to an equally priggish debutante, Gloria Upson, from a bigoted family. Mame brings Patrick to his senses just in time to introduce him to the woman who eventually will become his wife. As the story ends, Mame is preparing to take Patrick's young son Peter to India (Siberia in the 1974 film version) with her usual flair.

If you haven't infered, I auditioned for "Young Patrick Denning"

Okay!  For those of you who don't know, I have a REALLY bad cold!  I can't talk normally, can't sing high notes (mahh specialty) and look horrible.  Here was an actual quote by someone today regarding my appearance.

"Jack... You look like death today!  What's wrong?"

Yeah... that's what I thought.  She basically told me that she knew my capabilities and told me I would be getting an email from her tonight!  I am sitting by my computer waiting... minute by minute... for her to email me!  I'm not 100% sure I got it, but the vibe she was giving me gave me the yes perception.  We'll see, and I'll keep you posted!


Other good things that happened today were abundant!
  • Taco night at the Ellis Household... my favorite!!
  • Brownies.  'Nough said.
  • First time playing COD... wasn't too bad...
  • I got a 92% on a big project
  • Didn't die in school!
  • And project "Juicy" is well off and sprinting for the finish line!!!

I will have a post later tonight (hopefully) about Autumn.


Just Me,
Jack

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH i love that last one on your list :):):)

    congratulations, jack!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete