Sunday, September 26, 2010

Color Me!!!

     My little brother is in fourth grade (great grade... wonder why?) and he still has to purchase the fun stuff for school like markers, crayons, scissors, colored pencils, and exciting stuff!  When he brought home his pack of 64 crayons he showed me the box and said, "Look at all of the crayons I have this year!"  Little did he know, I would have an idea for a new post coming right out of his box of crayons!
     On the back of his crayons, there was a little box that read "Transforming photos to coloring pages".  I read it, looked at the example and thought it was really cool! 

    So today I decided to give it a shot!  It isn't a very complicated thing.  They take the dark spot, and lines and make them black, and then they make every other part of the picture white to color it in.  This doesn't work for pictures like my dog who has dark brown and black curls.  As a matter of fact, most of the pictures with out a little bit of editing kind of looked bad.  But when I went in and darkened the lines, it made for better pictures.  I have posted the before and after pictures here!



A "Winter Photo shoot" of my neighbor's backyard
December 2008




Me in front of "Trevi's Fountain" in Rome, Italy
June 2009




Hope you like it!
Go to www.crayola.com/colorme to check it out!!


Just me,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment